DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP AccountAdmin Portlet Ownership

Posted Aug 24, 2010 07:19 PM

I have UMP 1.5 installed on two separate 4.3 environments and in both environments it seems UMP does not provide all the ownerships (origins) within my environments.   Especially the Origins that are only set on QoS and do not have any specific robots or hubs associated with them, i.e. interface traffic QoS for co-lo bandwidth only customers.  I can view and set ownership on contacts when running Account Administration from IM but when I view in UMP’s account portlet there’s no ownership associated and UMP complains that no ownership is set.

Is UMP limited to ownership on agents only? 

Are others experiencing the same issue?

• 2.  Re: UMP AccountAdmin Portlet Ownership

Posted Aug 24, 2010 10:25 PM

Joe,

Can you please provide some additional details, I think I'm missing something here...

Just to confirm some things, as long as the origin is set (either from the robot, the hub, or the database level) then the UMP should respect the origins as long as you've properly mapped them to Accounts.

Basically, if you have one device, with two different origins listed within the NimsoftSLM DB, you should have two seperate entries within the Accounts setup where you can setup Contacts with proper ownership.

Dustin

• 3.  Re: UMP AccountAdmin Portlet Ownership

Posted Aug 24, 2010 11:09 PM

Hi Dustin,

What I am doing is using SLM to change Origin on QoS.  The only origins that seem to exist in UMP account portlet seem to be ones that have been assigned via hubs or robots only and does not seem to include origins that only exist in S_QoS_Data that were set via SLM.

Test:

Open SLM, set any QoS’ origin to something, AThisTest.  Create a dummy account and contact with that ownership set to AThisTest and attempt to login to UMP.  Now, attempt to login to SDP if you have that running and I it should work.  If go back to UMP and login as superuser, select the newly created dummy account via portlet and view its ownership.  The origin AThisTest will not exist in ownership list in my scenario even though it’s set in account manager.

The goal is for displaying any remote only data for end-users that do not have robots or hubs.  Some users may only have power, internet traffic graphs off shared device, ping, url, or just rsp from one of our hubs.  Option there seems, and correct if I’m wrong, to be to use SLM and assign origins on QoS, on specific data targets for specific user accounts but UMP doesn’t seem to honor the account limitation.  Maybe UMP portlet is not using/pulling distinct S_QOS_Data origins. (assumption on part)  The account manager in IM picks up any new origins made on QoS therefore works if I login to SDP in same environment(s) and limitations down to QoS assignments work in the SDP as well.  

• 4.  Re: UMP AccountAdmin Portlet Ownership

Posted Aug 25, 2010 01:23 AM

Joe,

The way it's behaving in SDP is exactly how I would expect it to behave in the UMP, if it isn't then I'm assuming it's a (pretty major) bug and/or design flaw problem.

I cannot confirm or deny what you're seeing right now with my setup, I suggest you open a case on this unless someone else with a similar implementation cares to chime in?

Best of luck and I'll post an update in here if I can reproduce what you're seeing over the next couple of days!

Dustin