DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Probe Report Utility

Posted Sep 19, 2012 12:07 PM

Hi,

We use the Probe Report Utility to create a report for our Config Management department which details the configuration of probes on many of our robots.  However, this utility will only report on the config of a few common probes; many others are simply not listed.  Does anyone know how to add other probes into the utility or can maybe suggest a different solution for gathering this data?

Thanks in advance,

John

EDIT:  I've also noticed that the Probe Report doesn't include the Severity of any alert.  Is there a way of manually obtaining this setting?

• 2.  Re: Probe Report Utility

Posted Sep 19, 2012 03:19 PM

I developed a lua script call nimbak, it requests cfg files from all of the probes deployed to a robot and zips them up into one file.

Just edit the cfg to reference the name of the robot. You will also need to manually edit the script with things like:

local hubAddr = "/nevil-nmsdom/nevil-nmshub/nevil-nms/hub"

robotAddr = "/nevil-nmsdom/nevil-nmshub/"..robotName.."/controller"

This could easily be put into the config but I don't have time right now to edit the script and test. I will however (sometime soon I hope) update this script and post in a separate thread.

Let me know if you have questions on its use.

• 3.  Re: Probe Report Utility

Posted Sep 19, 2012 03:21 PM
    FYI V2 I hope will have a HTML "front end" and run as a probe from the Inframanager.

• 4.  Re: Probe Report Utility

Posted Sep 19, 2012 05:51 PM

That script seems pretty neat, I did something similar but it was a bit crude compared to that script.

Currently I'm working on a little app to fetch chosen values from selected robots/probes and presents the data in excel friendly format. If I get it in to any decent shape I'll post it.

-jon

• 5.  Re: Probe Report Utility

Posted Mar 19, 2013 01:08 PM

Hi Carl did you get any further on this. As an MSP I would like to report the probe configurations and thresholds to the customers. This is currently manual, a script to be able to do this would obviously help a lot. Can you share your latest script?