DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Question about Clariion probe

Posted Nov 01, 2011 09:26 PM

Hello,

I have a question that is not covered in the documentation. When setting up a new resource there are two additional options that you can enable:

1. Send CLARiiON Faults as Nimsoft Alarms

2. Send CLARiiON Events as Nimsoft Alarms

Can anyone clarify the difference between the two? My Storage team is looking for email notification on system faults, I just don't know which one specifically to enable and how to isolate those messages from other alarms.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard

• 2.  Re: Question about Clariion probe

Posted Nov 03, 2011 05:19 PM

From the faults I can say that any time the array detects a fault you will get a alarm I am not sure on the events piece though, I do have it set to major events which appears to work pretty well as issues with the storage device.

• 3.  Re: Question about Clariion probe

Posted Nov 03, 2011 05:34 PM

Thanks for the information! Do you happen to know if the alarms come through with any sort of standard text so you know that it is a fault, instead of being an alarm for one of the configured monitors? Mainly I need to isolate just the fault alarms so that I can hide the alarms and just notify the support team via email.

Thanks,

Richard

• 4.  Re: Question about Clariion probe

Posted Nov 04, 2011 03:59 PM

Yea I believe they are pretty obvious as they look like a fault message with timestamp and stuff.