DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone created custom NCM scripts to collect HP Procurve or Cisco AirC devices?

• 1.  Has anyone created custom NCM scripts to collect HP Procurve or Cisco AirC devices?

Posted Sep 03, 2014 09:12 AM

I have about 100 HP Procurve switch and 10 Cisco AirC devices to collect using NCM.  These devices don't really work well with the strategy of logging onto the device, issueing a "show run" or "show startup" command and capturing the output.  The HP Procurve device doesn't put the end of line character and the AirC device doesn't seem to be able to turn off pagination.

Both devices have commands to export configs to target devices using TFTP or FTP which I could use.  But I don't see how to import the newly captured config into the NCM database.

So, has anyone solved this problem before and is willing to share their scripts?   I'll buy a round at the next CA World.

John B.

• 2.  Re: Has anyone created custom NCM scripts to collect HP Procurve or Cisco AirC devices?

Posted Sep 03, 2014 09:33 AM

Hi John,

The script we are using for HP Procurve is posted here: hp_procurve_capture_config.txt

Hope that helps