DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ADE Syncing with master

Posted Jan 13, 2015 03:00 AM

With UIM 8.1 and above it is necessary to setup proper syncing between ADE probes. This is done by specifying a master on the slaves, but then rules must be configured on the master for the syncing to occur. The probe callbacks used to accomplish this are available here; however, it appears that the documentation hasn't been updated yet for 8.1 to indicate the proper method for syncing.

Based on the documentation, it almost appears that a rule must be created for every single package that should be synced which is rather cumbersome. Also, the command create_ade_forward_queue is not mentioned in the documentation, but it appears by the name to be the correct command needed; however, after having implemented it it doesn't seem to actually forward messages.

I'm looking to see if anyone has a better way than creating a single rule for every probe package.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: ADE Syncing with master
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 13, 2015 07:59 AM
    I used wildcard * as package name and that created rule for alle packages. Didnt test with more complicated expressions

-jon

• 3.  Re: ADE Syncing with master

Posted Jan 13, 2015 03:13 PM
    That did the trick. Thanks!

• 4.  Re: ADE Syncing with master

Posted Jan 13, 2015 08:01 AM
    Sorry, i believe Ade forward queue is only meant to forward distribution status messages. IT appears that isnt done by callbacks anymore