DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP7.6 Best method to remove deprecated portlets

Posted Jul 25, 2014 12:49 PM

Hello All,

I'm currently building a new environment from clean and will be setting up multiple UMP servers using the guide

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/en_US/UMP/7.6/MultipleServerConfigurationGuide/index.htm

By default the UMP installation will deploy packages that contain or provide support for deprecated portlets. These are:

dap

dashboard_engine

ump_alarmconsole

ump_customdashboards

ump_dashboarddesigner

ump_dynamicviews

As we are not going to deploy these to the secondary UMP server we would like to remove them from the primary. While the dap & dashboard_engine probes are easy to remove the problem is removing the ump_* portlets.

I know I can stop the relevent webapp is wasp probe set it to manual but ideally I'd like to be able to remove the webapp and/or the reomve the portlet from the UMP avaiablelist.  Is this possible?

Regards,

Simon.

• 2.  Re: UMP7.6 Best method to remove deprecated portlets

Posted Jul 25, 2014 03:12 PM

Should be possible to just remove the matching webapp from the wasp.cfg, and remove the corresponding .war files/folders? I believe these things have separate folder structures, but don't take my word on it :smileywink:

• 3.  Re: UMP7.6 Best method to remove deprecated portlets

Posted Jul 25, 2014 04:06 PM

At least in pre 7-UMP i used to enable some liferay portlets in webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\liferay-display.xml by removing comments. You should be able to similarly comment out the deprecated portlers there, if it still exist in the updated liferay version.

edit: this adds/removes them in the add portlet menu in UMP

-jon