DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Solution: Nimsoft - Numara/BMC FootPrints Ticketing System Integration

• 1.  Solution: Nimsoft - Numara/BMC FootPrints Ticketing System Integration

Posted Feb 15, 2013 12:57 AM

We are running Numara/BMC FootPrints as our ticketing system as well as Nimsoft as our monitoring solution.  Previously we had a one-way integration with footprints, using an AO Profile to send an email via the emailgtw to FootPrints and create a ticket.  We wanted to create a integration that would allow for alarms that cleared within nimsoft to clear the ticket in FootPrints.  

Currently there is no gateway (at least that I know of) within Nimsoft to integrate, and FootPrints does not use snmp.  

We found that you have the ability to update\close tickets via email with FootPrints but you would have to format the subject line of the email to have the FootPrints Incident Number, formatted as "Issue=[Incident] Proj=[WorkSpaceID].  What we would have to accomplish is input a unique ID into the FootPrints DB, for this we found the NimID worked the best.  

In order to integrate you will need access and credentials to the SQL DB for FootPrints.

I have attached instructions as well as all scripts used to accomplish this.  

Feel free to email me with any questions. 

Thanks to all the help from the Forum to accomplish this, hopefully this will be of some use to those using FootPrints or any PSE who are conducting a Nimsoft Implementation and wanting to integrate with FootPrints.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Solution: Nimsoft - Numara/BMC FootPrints Ticketing System Integration

Posted Aug 14, 2019 07:16 AM
    I tried using this script to connect to Footprints DB from NAS, but am getting an error as "Unable to open the database". Whereas I can connect to the UIM database with the script but not the footprints DB.

Even I have added a ODBC datasources on the server and the test connection is success. am I missing something here?

------------------------------
    ~Vis
    ------------------------------