DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only

Integrity Check during MTP upgrades

• 1.  Integrity Check during MTP upgrades

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2014 08:24 PM

Evening everyone!

I just wanted to reach out to the community to have a quick chat about the Multi-port Monitor upgrade process.

With MTP/ADA 10 out recently, I just want to point out to everyone that during the upgrade process for the Multi-port Monitor there is a section that details a procedure to 'Assess Hardware Status'.

It is imperative that everyone is diligent in completing this hardware check and not skipping straight to the software/OS upgrade (Its so simple! I just want to jump straight to it! Ha)

The process checks for Failed array Stripes, RAID array degredation, SCSI Disk Corruption, and XFS File System Corruption. For those of you who work on the Multi-ports know these are the WORST issues that arise. If any of these are present during the upgrade (and they can be, even if the machine is working just fine) they can cause major issues with the overall integrity of the boxes post upgrade.

For details on this, visit the documentation section of support.ca.com and grab the Upgrade guide for your version of the MTP software.

Any questions, drop me a reply here and I'll be glad to help out.