IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Process is failing because of local variable initializatio

• 1.  Process is failing because of local variable initializatio

Posted Sep 06, 2019 01:28 PM
    Hello,

We installed 4.3.04 version of CA Process Automation Manager on a brand new server and migrated all the processes from our current environment(which is 4.2 SP02) and now all the processes are failing. When I trying to debug, i figured out what went wrong - we have many process where we used local variables without Process. and the new version is not recognizing this and the processes are failing. When i add Process. in front of these variables, the process was working fine.

Please let us know how can this be fixed as this is a show stopper for our upgrade.

Thanks,
    Rajasheker Chittanur

• 2.  RE: Process is failing because of local variable initializatio

Posted Sep 09, 2019 10:11 AM
    Greetings,

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but wen you mention that when you add Process in front of the variables, it's working fine, could you please clarify? Also, are these variables failing with the variables entered into the GUI for the process, in pre or post execution code, or somewhere else in the process?

One thing I noticed when we upgraded is the way the system handles single vs. double quotes in strings changed, causing our processes to fail as well. I had to go through each process where I was passing variables and modify from a mixture to all double quotes for the system to work. Possibly related to your issue perhaps?