IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CMDB data model

Posted Sep 16, 2019 04:37 PM
    Where can be get the CMDB data model? or can someone share CMDB data model with us

• 2.  RE: CMDB data model

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 02:25 AM
    Hello Rajasheker,

Do you mean something like this:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/reference/ca-service-desk-manager-reference-commands/cmdb-technical-reference.html

And this?

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/reference/ca-service-desk-manager-reference-commands/objects-and-attributes.html

Because they contain all of the Objects and Attributes, and all of the cross-references to other tables - which is usually via the "id" field. You can also get what *IS* on your system, by use of the "bop_sinfo" command, which will also pull back customised tables that won't be in the doco.

If you're after a visual guide like the Entity Relationship Diagram, then we only have an old copy I think? (Unless there is a new one in the documentation after install, but I don't think so). Still it should be mostly current:

CA CMDB r11.1 Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  RE: CMDB data model

Posted Sep 18, 2019 08:38 AM
    Kyle,

The link to the ERD in the tec doc just takes me to the support login page (although I am already logged in) and then redirects to My Cases on the Case Management page.

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: CMDB data model

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 09:38 PM
    Edited by Kyle R Sep 18, 2019 09:45 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi J. W.,

I'm about to give up on linking documents, I swear . . .
    (Possibly it is because you don't have an entitlement to Argis, as the doco. for some reason was written against that, even though it is a CMDB document.)

Anyway, here's a rough cut and paste of the document, and I've uploaded a copy of the ERD. Bear in mind that it is OLD.  The current installed version of your product MAY have a newer version under the product installed directory.

---------------

Article title: CA CMDB r11.1 Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).

CA IT Asset Manager  CA Software Asset Manager (CA SAM)  ASSET PORTFOLIO MGMT- SERVER  SUPPORT AUTOMATION- SERVER  CA Service Desk Manager - Unified Self Service  KNOWLEDGE TOOLS  CA Service Management - Asset Portfolio Management  CA Service Management - Service Desk Manager

The CA CMDB Entity Relationship Diagram is used to describe the database table and fields that store the CI, Asset and relationship information for CMDB. This ERD is while written for the CA CMDB version r11.1, can be used as a base for the r11.2 version as well. The ERD is available for download only.

For the CA CMDB r11.1 Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD), click here.

NOTE: All documents in PDF format require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed.

<<SEE ATTACHMENT 1558535612559TEC468598.zip AT TOP OF MY REPLY>>
    ---------------

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Attachment(s)