IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Database Operators and Oracle

Posted Jan 30, 2020 05:55 AM
    Hi, 

I am not able to successfully connect to an Oracle database getting the return: 
    Could not load the database driver: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
    I found several similar posts here which refer to CA document TEC1094917. 
    The link to this document does not work anymore. Can someone direct me to the old CA Tech Docs or at least provide me with a copy of this document ?

Thanks, Armin

• 2.  RE: Database Operators and Oracle

Posted Jan 30, 2020 06:28 AM
    ​Hi.

They have broken many links recently, and neither Google nor archive.org seems to have anything, so that's likely out of luck.

But here's a hunch: What CA product gives that error? With many products, the jdbc driver isn't shipped along with the product, and one needs to copy the jdbc driver ( a jar file) to the correct location. Failure to do so is one reason for that error message. Might this be the cause, i.e. do you possibly need to provide the jar file to a certain location?

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 3.  RE: Database Operators and Oracle
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 06:34 AM
    Hi,

is it this document you're after? https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=36837

thanks
    Iain

• 4.  RE: Database Operators and Oracle

Posted Jan 30, 2020 06:53 AM
    Hi Iain, 
    great - yes this has been the document I have been looking for. 

thanks, 
    Armin

• 5.  RE: Database Operators and Oracle

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 06:57 AM
    Great news. There's work going on to increase the searchability of the Knowledge Base, but unfortunately it's not easy to get to a doc from the TEC number any more; I got there via the title.