IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SDM - Update Classic Workflow from SOAP / PAM operator

Posted Jan 22, 2020 11:52 AM
    SDM 17.1.02 on Windows integrated with PAM 4.3.03

We have tickets created via maileater which have details in the body that are added to the SDM Description field.  The ticket category has classic workflow (WF) tasks.  The first task calls a PAM macro which parses details from the Description and takes actions based on the findings. This executes on the WF Pending status.  Once the PAM tasks are completed, we want to update the status of the calling WF task to Complete so it will continue to the next task.

I am able to update the status using the 'updateObject' SOAP method.  This shows in the database but not in the web UI - even after refreshing the ticket and the task detail page.  This shows as Pending on the detail page until I select Edit.  It then immediately shows the status as Complete.  If I Cancel the edit it then shows as Complete in the task detail page and also in the workflow tab on the ticket, but the next task remains in Wait.

Am I missing a step or is there a better method to update a WF task from PAM?  Note the customer does not want to convert the remaining WF tasks on the category to PAM as they are well established.

TIA,

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 2.  RE: SDM - Update Classic Workflow from SOAP / PAM operator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 01:17 AM
    1) Can you see the information in the web client after running a pdm_cache_refresh command?
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-1/installing/pre-installation-considerations/ca-service-desk-manager-considerations.html

2) If so, can PAM run that command against the server?

Just an idea. Not saying it is a GOOD idea.

Kyle_R.

• 3.  RE: SDM - Update Classic Workflow from SOAP / PAM operator

Posted Jan 24, 2020 02:42 AM
    If you update the task through the SOAP API (so the object level) and you see the change on the DB it looks like a caching or sync issue on the server. The pdm_cache_resfresh Kyle mentioned might temporarily help with it, but it's not addressing the core of the issue. How's your SelListCacheExclude on wed.cfg, does it include wf? I have no idea if this is the root cause but it's worth a shot.
    ​Another thing worth trying, if not done already, is recycling the SDM services to make sure the servers are in sync with eachother. I've seen with my customer an application server fall out of sync and start live its own life and the only thing that helped was recycling the services on that server.
    Hope these help :)

• 4.  RE: SDM - Update Classic Workflow from SOAP / PAM operator
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 24, 2020 08:30 AM
    Kyle, Jussi,

Thanks for both of your suggestions.  Unfortunately, these are Production so I can't make changes or run pdm_cache_refresh without impacting performance.

After 3 days of issues, it suddenly disappeared.  Frustrating, but does point to a cache/sync issues.  I will raise this up with the management for follow up and see those suggestions are worth a change order.

I'll marked this answered on both Communities.

J.W.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED