IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Cluster node installation

Posted Sep 25, 2019 01:22 AM
    Hello,

How can we install a cluster node pointing to the same runtime and reporting databases?

PAM version: 4.3.04

I tried to install secondary node by opening the primary node URL in the server and downloaded the installation.jnlp by clicking on the Install button of 'Install Cluster Node For Domain Orchestrator'. Then i got below error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i installed java 7 and java 8 as well, still the same issue.

Thanks,
    Rajasheker Chittanur

• 2.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Sep 25, 2019 06:52 PM

We installed java 8(1.8.0_191) and above issue is resolved. After following below instructions per  (https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=137647), i am able to see below popup. when i check the checkbox below and click on Run, nothing is happening. 

Any suggestions please

• 3.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Sep 26, 2019 06:25 AM
    Go in the Java control panel, advanced tab and disable the security check for mixed code.
    I think this is what I've done to overcome this.

Good luck.

• 4.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Sep 26, 2019 05:04 PM
    We also had similar  issue when tried with latest  version.
    Our resolution was "  Uninstalling Java 1.8 update 221 and installing 1.8.0_162-b12

• 5.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Oct 01, 2019 11:06 AM
    Edited by Rajasheker Chittanur Oct 01, 2019 11:41 AM

Hello,

After installing java 1.8.0_162, we are able to download the 3rd party installer. But, now we are unable to check the 'Use Domain' checkbox. this is disabled.

Can someone suggest how to enable the use domain checkbox.

Thanks,
    Rajasheker Chittanur

• 6.  RE: Cluster node installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 04:12 PM
    Edited by Michael Niebuhr Oct 01, 2019 04:13 PM
    Rajasheker,

The reason the JDBC Jar Use Domain box is not active is that there are no JDBC Drivers to move over. The only JDBC driver that is installed is the required JTDS driver installed for communication with the backend database.

As for the Completing the CA Process Automation Setup Wizard temp directory setting, my guess would be the path for the temp directory set on the domain Orchestartor is not available on the clustered node, but looking more closely at your screenshot it appears that that box can be checked, so I am not sure.

It should not matter though, you should be able to browse to where you would like your temp files stored on the clustered node and continue with the installation.

If you would like to change the temp directory you can modify the OasisConfig.properties setting on the Domain Orchestrator to point to a new location:
    scripts.tmpDir=C:\Program Files\CA\PAM\server\c2o\ScriptTemp\
    Restart the Domain Orchestrator, then restart the install on the clustered node.

• 7.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Oct 02, 2019 01:17 AM

I tried this and still have the same issue. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rajasheker Chittanur 

• 8.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Oct 02, 2019 01:20 AM

I tried this and still have the same issue. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rajasheker Chittanur 

• 9.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Oct 03, 2019 02:58 AM

Hello,

Here is the process that we followed- We clicked on Install Cluster Node for Domain Orchestrator then installation.jnpl file was downloaded, on running that- a 3rd party installer file was generated in the Temp folder.

We clicked on that then when it asks for the installation path, where we give the domain installer path- i tried select he DVD which is not auto populating any of the details and asking for database details again.

I also tried selecting domain orchestrator from the path '<<PAM Home>>\server\c2o\.c2orepository\thirdParty'. Once I select this path and click Next/Finish - nothing is coming up and the size of the 'CA_PAM_Domain_windows.exe' is becoming zero.

• 10.  RE: Cluster node installation

Posted Oct 04, 2019 10:19 AM
    Now we are getting a different error when we are trying to install on a different server,
    Can someone please suggest a solution?