IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Setting IRF Dropdown value from process

Posted May 07, 2019 05:13 PM

I'm developing a process that will be utilized to create and update specific records in the Service Desk Manager CMDB. 

The associated IRF contains a number of dropdown boxes with corresponding static values.  If I'm kicking off the process and filling in a blank IRF for a new configuration item it works just fine and adds the record to the database. 

However I'm also trying to make it so that if the configuration item is specified in the SDM ticket and the process is launched it will pull in the saved attributes from the CMDB and populate the IRF dropdown boxes with the selected values so the user can just update the information.  I am retrieving all the attributes from the database without problems and can pass string values into text boxes so they display properly in the IRF.  But I just don't know how to take a value for a dropdown selection from the database and pass that to the IRF so it displays as the selected option.

Has anyone done this?

An example of the message I get is:

"TypeError: Cannot set property "z_app_mgmt" of undefined to "TEST" (#4)".  "TEST" is the value of one of the dropdown selections.

After some thought I think I can make this question much simpler.  How do you populate a default value in a dropdown box in an IRF based on a value passed from a process? 

• 2.  Re: Setting IRF Dropdown value from process
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2019 12:51 PM

Resolved.  Needed to initialize the variable in the Form data initialization code as follows:  

Form.myTest = Process.z_app_mgmt

Then set on the IRF via onLoad as "ca_pam_selectOption('Form.varClassifications.z_app_mgmt', 'Form.myTest, Form.myTest, true);"