IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, I needed to know how many processes/runbooks can ITPAM configured in HA, run in active state concurrently.

• 1.  Hi, I needed to know how many processes/runbooks can ITPAM configured in HA, run in active state concurrently.

Posted Nov 16, 2017 02:51 AM

How many processes can be run simultaneously / in parallel in "Running" state? Is there any document detailing this, and what changes does an environment configured in HA mode (with 2 orchestrators) bring about with regards to concurrency of processes. 

Recently, we got an issue of ticket flooding, because of which only 15 or so processes execute in parallel while other processes remain in waiting state.

For this particular process/runbook, the ITPAM agent has been deployed on a Big-fix server, where big-fix communicates with its own agents. 

• 2.  Re: Hi, I needed to know how many processes/runbooks can ITPAM configured in HA, run in active state concurrently.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 09:34 AM

This is almost entirely dependent on what you are designing into your Processes.   If you have small, quick running processes then your orchestrator engine will be able to process many more of them in the same time frame compared to large complicated processes that take minutes / hours / days to run and complete.  

The documentation covers some tuning configurations to help get the most out of your Process Automation engine:

Tune CA Process Automation

And as a result of a focus on performance improvements to the 4.3 sp2 engine we have the following generalized Performance and Scalability benchmarking documentation:

Performance and Scalability Benchmarking

This is mainly showing the improvement in overall process throughput moving from 4.3 sp1(and earlier) to 4.3 sp2, but it will give you a rough idea of what the performance should be like. 

Please open a support case, we can review the environment and see what performance tuning suggestions we can make.