IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  FTP - Execute comands without txt script

Posted Aug 18, 2016 10:30 PM

I need to create a process to make upload and download at multiple files (mget/mput) in your execution.

When I use operator "SSH COMMAND" its working normally, because I have a option to execute each comand step by step.

But I need make it using FTP with Windows Server, and this case I dont have operator "CMD COMMAND", I try use "RUN SCRIPT" Operator, the I have problems with User and password information.

Exist any way to create a process to use FTP without use txt file to put user and password information???

Thanks,

Everton

• 2.  Re: FTP - Execute comands without txt script

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 08:25 AM

There are FTP operators in PAM for "Upload File" and "Download File".  They are located in the Operator list under "File Transfer". 

Please help me understand your issues when using the SSH Command.  I'm not sure what you mean by not having the "CMD COMMAND" or putting user and password information in a text file.

• 3.  Re: FTP - Execute comands without txt script

Posted Aug 24, 2016 09:27 AM

Hi Andrew

I make a script in Script Operator (DOS or CMD) and working normally. The password has input in password dataset.

@ftp -i -s:"%~f0"&GOTO:EOF
    open example.com
    username
    password
    !:--- FTP commands below here ---
    lcd c:\MyLocalDirectory
    cd  public_html/MyRemoteDirectory
    binary
    mput "*.*"
    disconnect
    bye

Thanks

• 4.  Re: FTP - Execute comands without txt script
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 09:13 AM

As far as FTP operators, these are the ones available:

Create Directory

Delete File

Download File

Get File Information

Move File

Secure Download File

Secure Upload File

TFTP Download File

TFTP Upload File

Upload File

So there isn't an FTP operator that allows you to run several commands as you are trying to do.

As far as masking the user's password in the script operator, PAM has the ability to use a password type variable that will be masked in PAM and you can even substitute that variable in your script in the script operator.  That might be an option for you.  First create the password variable so that it is masked, then make that variable one of your parameters in the script operator. Finally, use %1 to use that parameter in your script.

• 5.  Re: FTP - Execute comands without txt script

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 09:41 AM

Process Automation also supports running powershell scripts which may be another option for you.

• 6.  Re: FTP - Execute comands without txt script

Posted Sep 16, 2016 09:26 AM

Thanks Andrews

Its Working.