IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  System function 'deleteResource' fails in 4.3 sp1?

Posted Oct 05, 2016 05:41 AM

I have a PAM process that deletes a resource object as its last action. Assuming there is a resource '/path/to/resources' labelled '123456', this should (I thought) delete the resource:

Process.cr_id = "123456";

var bReturn;

bReturn = deleteResource("/path/to/resources", Process.cr_id);

But unless PAM is restarted the deleteResource call returns false and the resource stays put.

Marking this one as 'assumed answered' as I'm not sure I've correctly defined the problem...  the inability to delete a resource is a function of whether or not there has been any lock / unlock activity in the resource.  If there has been such activity, the delete fails, with the following exception in c2o.log:

"java.util.ConcurrentModificationException: Resource object has been modified since loaded - resNumCR".  

Otherwise, for example if I restart PAM and the just run the 'deleteResource' function, the resource is correctly deleted.  I may have to work around this by doing the clean-up as a maintenance activity.

• 2.  Re: System function 'deleteResource' fails in 4.3 sp1?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2016 09:14 AM

We have had issues with the Resource feature in the past that were similar, if you continue to have this problem, please try to build a quick example and get the support team engaged.

• 3.  Re: System function 'deleteResource' fails in 4.3 sp1?

Posted Oct 12, 2016 01:47 AM

Thanks Michael,

issue 00530912 raised.  An example process and documentation are attached to this note.

Regards,

James

Attachment(s)

docx
    deleteResource_testapp.docx   341 KB 1 version
    zip
    ResourceTest.zip   79 KB 1 version