IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user

Posted Oct 24, 2016 03:28 PM

Reason: cannot create a process as user <username> - Access is denied.

Via RDP everything is working fine. But when I try to do it with Run Script operator in .ps1 extension, it's not working.

I have installed the Agent on server using my ID, the Run Script operator is working fine using my ID credential's. But when I use credentials of other admins it's failing and above defined error is coming. If anyone have some information regarding this and have any solution, Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

• 2.  Re: ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:45 AM

With scripts, access to the temp directory on the server where the script is running is necessary.  PAM attempts to write to that temp directory and then delete from that temp directory so if this isn't possible as the user you are using, this error will be thrown.

• 3.  Re: ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user

Posted Oct 25, 2016 04:09 PM

Hello Andrew Thompson,

In this case, my ID and other administrator ID that I am using are cloned ID's. These ID's have the same permission on the respective server. I am facing same error till now. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thankyou 

Ankur Gupta

• 4.  Re: ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 08:14 AM

What about the agent service?  Are you starting that as a particular user?

• 5.  Re: ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user

Posted Nov 02, 2016 03:11 PM

Hello Andrew Thompson

This (Agent Service starting as a particular user) may be the issue. So now what should I do to solve it.

Thankyou

Ankur

• 6.  Re: ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 03:17 PM

Who is the user that is starting the Agent service?    If you change what user is starting the Service does that change the results?

• 7.  Re: ITPAM Run Script operator fails to run. Reason: cannot create a process as user

Posted Jan 19, 2017 05:51 AM

Hi All,

I am trying the same want to delete temp file from the target system drive.

Please guide me the exact steps to be done on the ITPAM side and the target system side to complete the task.

Please help on this.

Regards.

Amala