IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PAM Instalation on Oracle 11

Posted May 29, 2015 11:01 AM

I´m trying to install PAM on Oracle 11g, i´m using CA Process Automation Installation Guide and tec607491  procedure, but it dont tell me about Oracle connection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure from CA Process Automation Installation Guide Service Pack 04.2.02

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepare an Oracle Database for CA Process Automation

Before you install the Domain Orchestrator or an additional Orchestrator, which uses one or more Oracle databases to host its data stores, preparation is required.

Follow these steps:

1. Open an Oracle database management application and log into the target Oracle database instance.

2. Create a schema for each of the following data stores, where each schema has the permissions listed in Database Owner Privileges (see page 92).

■ Library data store

■ Runtime data store

■ Reporting data store

3. Verify that Oracle has sufficient tablespace to host the data stores.

Note: See About CA Process Automation Data Stores (see page 87) for more information about space considerations.

Prerequisites to Installing the Domain Orchestrator

92 Installation Guide

4. Set maximum connections to 100 (or at least 150 for clustered).

All connections are made through Orchestrators, but a few pooled connections are required for optimal behavior.

5. Follow Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) best practices to facilitate CA Process Automation transactions.

6. Understand how the Oracle JDBC driver is referenced.

During installation of the Orchestrator, the installer requires the Oracle JDBC driver for Oracle, which is included in DVD1. The path is:

.../DVD1/drivers/ojdbc14.jar

Note: Partitioning is not supported.

More information:

Oracle Bug # 9347941 (see page 265)

Change the Database Configuration to Use an Oracle Service Name (see page 148)

When i´m in this step:

OracleConnection.jpg

Is it use Oracle Client?

I´m using SQL plus and i can close connection and everthing is very well.

In database type? I tried:

1. <IP>

2. <IP>\Instance name

3. Instance name

4. hostname\Instance name

5.  hostname.domain.com

But in wizard i´m getting error.

PAM_Error.jpg

How can i connect? What i need type in Database server?

Thank You

• 2.  Re: PAM Instalation on Oracle 11
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2015 11:19 AM

Please see if the info from this following tech doc helps you get beyond this:

Clarification on Database Screen for Oracle in PAM Installer

Document ID:  TEC577387
    Last Modified Date:  4/17/2013

Description:
    The database screen is not clear as to what values need to be entered when installing against Oracle. This doc seeks to clarify this.
    Solution:
    In the field for "Repository Database" enter your Oracle SID

The CA Process Automation installer creates the schema in the default tablespace of the specified user.
    In the following example the PAM schema it will be created under the PAMADMIN users default tablespace.

Figure 1

• 3.  Re: PAM Instalation on Oracle 11

Posted May 29, 2015 01:23 PM

HI Michael,

Thank You, this step it´s solved.

My next step is an manual creation database

20140528_SONDA_create_manually.jpg

• 4.  Re: PAM Instalation on Oracle 11

Posted May 29, 2015 02:29 PM

For this new question i created a new post (https://communities.ca.com/message/241796965#241796965)