IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?

Posted Mar 31, 2016 09:04 AM

Hi Folks,

I need to troubleshoot a call request to our Remedy system for the CreateITSMTicket (part of CA Remedy Gateway) process. How can I enable some trace or log to see the actual XML that is sent to Remedy?

Regards

Rick

• 2.  Re: How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:02 AM

Rick,

You can increase PAM logging level and some detail on your XML will be output into the \pam\server\c2o\log\c2o.log file.

TEC575522  Increase logging levels, file size and rollover for PAM logs

But the logs can be diffciult to review for individual instance runs, to review the soap for a specific instance run is probably simpler to use the Datasets within the instance runs to get these details:

As well as the results:

• 3.  Re: How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?

Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:12 AM

Hi Michael,

I don't seem to have the same display available. Instead I have:

• 4.  Re: How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:25 AM

Ah, you are using the Remedy connectors which as specialized versions of the other operators, in this case the Soap operators.  I would assume the details sent are in one of those other dataset properties options, possibly HelpDeskCallParams, unless they are being contained in the request.xml.

Additionally, you will want to review and apply the current connector to help clear the stop signs, though if you have modified and saved this process they will remain the stop signs.

See  TEC595757  After upgrading from ITPAM 2.x/3.x to ITPAM 4.x, classic connector icons are showing as red stop signs. for more details.

• 5.  Re: How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?

Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:29 AM

I believe we've done all we can to remove the stop signs.

As I mentioned on other thread on case, I don't see any file as described "c:\request.xml". I guess I'll try changing the PAM logging level and see if I get anything.

Rick

• 6.  Re: How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?

Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:37 AM

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify. The details are in those dataset values. But I really need to see what the outgoing XML looks like. I have cases where the call succeeds and where the call fails and the dataset shows everything basically the same.

Rick

• 7.  Re: How Do I Trace or a Log Web Service Call to Remedy?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 31, 2016 03:40 PM

Hi,

Reply to my own message with new discovery...

Seems the line with "c:\request.xml" needed to be "c:/request.xml". This allowed the request to be written out to a file where it could be examined.

Changing the logging level was helpful because it allowed me to see that this backslash was causing this to fail. It did not provide the trace data I was looking for, however. Bottom line, I was able to diagnose that the CA Remedy Gateway CreateITMTicket is in fact failing to send all of the ticket fields in some cases. Now I'm working to find out why.

Rick