IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Sending Approval Emails via PAM 4.2

Posted Jan 27, 2015 05:15 AM

Hi,

In a process that I am developing there is a IRF where a Manager can either Approve, Review or Reject. I need to get the approver's response via an approval email. I have implemented this on Classic Work Flows. Need a hint to get it done in PAM.

In Classic WF email it looks like below.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Sending Approval Emails via PAM 4.2

Posted Feb 27, 2015 11:52 AM

Anyone have any ideas for Kasun?

Thanks

CJ

Hi,

In a process that I am developing there is a IRF where a Manager can either Approve, Review or Reject. I need to get the approver's response via an approval email. I have implemented this on Classic Work Flows. Need a hint to get it done in PAM.

In Classic WF email it looks like below.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• 3.  Re: Sending Approval Emails via PAM 4.2

Posted Feb 27, 2015 12:54 PM

You would need to setup the mail trigger to monitor for incoming emails. In the email, you can include an xml fragment that tells PAM which process to run when the email is received. You can also set a default process that will run if the xml fragment is not in the email. This default process could parse the email for certain text and execute actions accordingly. The Content Designer Guide has an explanation on how to setup the xml fragment and what happens when the called process runs. This can be found in Chapter 9: Administer Triggers under the How File and Mail Triggers Work.