IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Best Way to make communication from ESP to CA Process Automation?

Posted Jun 12, 2015 02:08 PM

Hi, currently trying to figure out if i could use the CA Process Automation tool  to manage some of our workload (IE ticket creation.)

What would be the best (or most common) way to use  CAPA to get parms from  ESP.

the chain would be as follow.

Job failure --> Trigger an event which would send parm to CAPA ---> CAPA taking care of opening the ticket process.

Since i have a little experience in CAPA i would need some sort of schema and pre-requisite (if any)  to achieve that communication.

Thanks

Let me know if you need any more information.

• 2.  Re: Best Way to make communication from ESP to CA Process Automation?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2015 06:36 AM

I'm not clear as to what you meant by "trigger an event which could send param to CAPA", but if you can call a SOAP/REST service as a part of the event handling then you can invoke a CA Process Automation process and pass parameters to it. Once the process completes, it could also call a service in Workload to indicate so. I would recommend creating your integration with these loosely coupled services if that's possible.

• 3.  Re: Best Way to make communication from ESP to CA Process Automation?

Posted Jun 17, 2015 05:15 AM

Hi,

PAM also provides a feature of triggering a process on SNMP trap. I haven't tried this but I think you can achieve the use case that you are talking about.

Job failure would generate an SNMP trap to PAM and pass all the parameters that would be used as input to the process to create a ticket in Sevice Desk.