IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SDM-spel to start PAM-Process

Posted Jun 05, 2019 10:22 AM
    Hi,
    in spel-coding I'm trying

send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "chg", "start_itpam_workflow", ProcLibPath, ProcName, chg_pid);

The call sends Error in msg[0]/stdlog:

--> ERROR        domdict.c             1108 Signature error in start_itpam_workflow: insufficient arguments - expecting PTR at index 3

Any idea what is missing or wrong?

Thanks and Regards,
    Peter

• 2.  RE: SDM-spel to start PAM-Process

Posted Jun 06, 2019 03:52 AM
    hi peter,

first: i don't know :)

it sounds like there should be at least four arguments be present while calling start_itpam_workflow. but i'm really not sure if the error comes from calling start_itpam_workflow or from somewhere inside this wrapper. also PTR "maybe" means some type of pointer, which let me think there should be some kind of one additional object argument?

i would give these couple of workarounds a try
    send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "chg", "start_itpam_workflow", ProcLibPath, ProcName, chg_pid, NULL);
    send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "chg", "start_itpam_workflow", ProcLibPath, ProcName, chg_pid, gl);
    send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "chg", "start_itpam_workflow", ProcLibPath, ProcName, chg_pid, chg_dob);
    even it doesn't really makes sense to me to forward a groupleader or chg_dob...

maybe you can use the rpc deamon call directly instead of the wrapper method?:
    send_wait(0, (object)(rpc_object()), "CallStaticSOAPOperation", "com.ca.ServicePlus.pdm_rpc.ItpamWorkflow", "executeProcess", "", ProcLibPath, ProcName, chg_pid);

...just ma 50 cents...

regards, pacy

• 3.  RE: SDM-spel to start PAM-Process

Posted Jun 06, 2019 05:35 AM
    Hi Marc,
    thanks for your ideas.
    As we talked about it on phone I already described the solution under clarity service management.

For all who are reading this:
    - if you are adding a discussion and send it to different categories
    - answers given to one category cannot be seen in the other category
    - you have to look for answers under both categories (i.e. under IT Process automation AND clarity service management)
    - there seems no way to exist for merging those communications.

In future I will send discussions only to one cateory ;-)

Regards and thanks again,
    Peter

------------------------------
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Fujitsu Services

• 4.  RE: SDM-spel to start PAM-Process

Posted Jun 06, 2019 05:35 AM
    For reference:

send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "chg", "start_itpam_workflow", (string)path, (string)name, (string)persid, (object)ticket_obj, (uuid)creator, (string)some_text);

path - seems to be related to the PA Hierarchie of start foms - corresponding to chgcat.caextwf_start_id.caextwf_path
    name - seems to be a process Name or start form Name - corresponding to chgcat.caextwf_start_id.caextwf_form
    persid - the persid - the alg persid in your case
    ticket_obj - an object referencec of the actual ticket, I suggest to pass in the corresponding chg object
    creator - the uuid of the contact which is doing this Action
    some_text - the text which gets wriite to an activity log

• 5.  RE: SDM-spel to start PAM-Process

Posted Jun 06, 2019 07:49 AM
    Great info,
    thanks a lot.

This means that this method has to be called in alg-context. OK
    My spel-trigger runs as POST_CI of chg. So I will keep the soluten calling 
    send_wait(0, (object)(rpc_object()), "CallStaticSOAPOperation", "com.ca.ServicePlus.pdm_rpc.ItpamWorkflow",
    "executeProcess", "", ProcLibPath, ProcName, chg_pid);
    This works in chg-context.

Many thanks again,
    Peter

Senior Technical Consultant
    Fujitsu Services