Continuous Delivery Director

View Only
  • 1.  How to configure active-active configuration in CDD using rabbitmq

Posted Sep 10, 2018 10:06 AM

I am trying to configure CDD in active-active mode, using rabbitmq. But CDD seems unable to connect to rabbitmq.

I am following the below url from CA documentation :Configure High Availability - CA Continuous Delivery Director - 6.7 - CA Technologies Documentation  but it doest provide full information.

I have following queries:

1. The rabbitmq runs on the same server as CDD. I put the following entries in config files:

/root/.cdd/conf/settings.properties

cdd.websocket.broker.host=127.0.0.1
    cdd.websocket.broker.port=5672

The rabbitmq service is a secure service, but there is no documentation explaining how to pass the uid:pwd in the config file.

2. If the configuration is properly configured, how to test the active-active configuration? 

• 2.  Re: How to configure active-active configuration in CDD using rabbitmq

Posted Sep 10, 2018 03:34 PM

Hi Saurabh, can you explain your setup a bit more:  you typically need two CDD instances on different machines connecting to RabbitMQ on a third machine, you seem to only have a single CDD instance, correct?

(1) I'm not sure why you would need to pass the uid/pwd - can you explain why you see that as a requirement?

(2) to test the configuration: 

• Configure BOTH CDD instances to connect to the same RabbitMQ instance 
    • In order to verify that RabbitMQ is used, you should have 2 UI client browsers (preferably Chrome browsers) - where each browser is connected to a different CDD server instance (so not going through loadbalancer in this case).
    • You can check the Tomcat access log of each CDD server instance and any UI operation (such as ‘create phase’) on one UI client browser should be automatically pushed to the other UI client browser and vice versa.

• 3.  Re: How to configure active-active configuration in CDD using rabbitmq

Posted Sep 11, 2018 03:15 AM

Hi Didier,

The rabbitmq we configured has a user for access. And I presume, this user authentication would be required for connecting to rabbitmq(via the websocket.brocker). I am not sure on this part, can you please confirm.

Also, even with a single node connected to the rabbitmq, can we see any connections in the rabbitmq?

• 4.  Re: How to configure active-active configuration in CDD using rabbitmq
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2018 06:05 PM

I meant to circle back to this community thread back when we worked on it as a support issue. We found that there were some things not quite clear on how rabbitmq needed to be configured. We also found that we were missing a variable that was critical to getting the setup with rabbitmq working as expected. The documentation was updated within a day or two of these findings that engineering helped us get to the bottom of. 

Documentation for Active-Active CDD setup can be found here: 

Configure High Availability - CA Continuous Delivery Director - 6.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sorry for the delayed update. 

Kind regards,

Gregg