Continuous Delivery Director

View Only
  • 1.  Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 12:49 PM

I want to implement CI and CD using CA Harvest, Jenkins, Sonar, Docker, Selenium and JMeter. I have infrastructure but instead of harvest I have subversion. The only documentation that I found is this:  https://search.ca.com/assets/SiteAssets/TEC1244838_External/How%20can%20I%20integrate%20CA%20Harvest%20SCM%20with%20Jenk… 

I really apreciate your help, thank you very much everybody!

• 2.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 02:08 PM

So you want to implement CI and CD using "Subversion" (not CA Harvest), Jenkins, Sonar, Docker, Selenium and JMeter? If this is the case then it sounds like you would need either:

a. Something in Subversion to do the equivalent of Harvest's UDP feature (to call/start the Jenkins job); or

b. Manually call the Jenkins job once the commit has been made. 

There are CD plugins for Jenkins and it sounds like Jenkins is a constant in this equation. This is good since it gives the flexibility to begin your CD process. 

Regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 02:33 PM

Thank you very much Gregg for your answer!  and I am sorry, I did not explain myself clearly. Currently I have Subversion and I want to use CA Harvest.  I want to integrate CA Harvest with Jenkins, but I do not know how.  How to call/start the Jenkins job from CA Harvest?.

Thanks again Gregg,

Alan.

• 4.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:22 PM

Hi Alan,

Use the link Harvest Plugin - Jenkins - Jenkins Wiki  to download the harvest plugin for jenkins. Also, the usage information is also available there.

Regards,
    Sachin

• 5.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:27 PM

Hi srisa09! and thank you for your response,

I already did that, but is not enough for me, I want to learn and understand how can configure the jobs in Jenkis, so that with a change in harvest it will trigger the whole process until the release automatically.  Do you know if there are more CA information about this?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

• 6.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2017 10:12 AM

Hello Alan, 

I'm not sure. Someone here might know, but I'm also checking to see if anyone in the Harvest group might know more about this. 

Regards,

Gregg

• 7.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Posted Jun 28, 2017 01:42 PM

Hi Gregg, Thank you very much  .

• 8.  Re: Hi everybody! Do you know how to integrate and use Harvest with Jenkins for CI and CD?

Posted Feb 04, 2018 06:53 AM

Hi Alan,

You can also take a look at CA Continuous Delivery Director (cddirector.io), which is a tool for designing and managing  you CI/CD pipelines.

let me know if you need any information.

Gil