Continuous Delivery Director

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CDE v6.2 - Combobox should be closed, when no matches are found

• 1.  CDE v6.2 - Combobox should be closed, when no matches are found

Posted Sep 05, 2016 02:36 AM

Hi,

just wanted to ask if this is a known issue or if this is by design.

Lets say I create a new phase for a release, in there I got several comboboxes where I can add for example users, applications and environments. As an example I say I have the environments DEV, PRE-PROD and PROD and I want to add them to the phase. I can open the combobox and select DEV, then the combobox stays open so that I can select PRE-PROD and after that PROD. This is nice, as I don't have to open the combobox again, to make the next selection.

BUT the combobox keeps staying open, when there is nothing left and I get a "no matches found" combobox that blocks my UI. I can see where this is coming from, as you probably build this in, for the case where really nothing is available in this combobox, but from my point of view, I would like it more, if the selection closes when I have selected the last item of the list.

So, for me, these too scenarios would make sense:

1) show "no matches found" dialog/window when there is no element in the combobox from the start

2) keep the combobox open when a selection is in progress until the last element is picked or it is closed normally, by clicking somewhere else.

best regards

Michael

• 2.  Re: CDE v6.2 - Combobox should be closed, when no matches are found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 07:05 AM

Hi Michael

I do not know if this was programmed this way intentionaly or it just a site effect how this was done.

I would suggest to raise a idea for it , so the product team can conider to change this behaviour.

The posted ideas are reviewed regarly by the product manager.

Regards

Dirk

• 3.  Re: CDE v6.2 - Combobox should be closed, when no matches are found
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2016 01:47 AM