Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to automate windows agent install? silent mode is possible?

Posted Sep 18, 2017 06:32 AM
    Dear Automic community,

We are using AE and ARA for a couple of months now. to test its feature and creating POCs. The next milestone would be implement the POC into a much larger scales, like Preview environment, or Production environment. It means hundreds of machines, which contains both win and linux servers. Automating the windows agent would safe a lot of time. We are accessing the win machines via winrm remotely.

Thank you and Regards,
    N.H.Hai

• 2.  Is it possible to automate windows agent install? silent mode is possible?

Posted Sep 18, 2017 10:23 AM
    There is a community solution on the marketplace which could help here:
    https://marketplace.automic.com/details/automic-agent-deployment-and-upgrade-toolkit

• 3.  Is it possible to automate windows agent install? silent mode is possible?

Posted Nov 24, 2017 10:29 AM
    On Windows I have used psexec and a simple batch file to copy the files and start the service. You do not need to run the installer.

This is what I do.

Copy of a folder with all my files in it, that I need. (you can customise these prior to copying if you wish)
    Run a bat file which
    • Detects Windows version (32 or 64 bit)
    • Copies the files over to a new folder (Agents, ServiceManager & ServiceManagerDialog)
    • Copies over C++ runtime files incase they are not installed.
    • registers and starts ServiceManager.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to automate windows agent install? silent mode is possible?

Posted Jul 04, 2018 07:30 AM

Hi,

Can you share a sample batch file?

Thanks,

Tsahi