Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Certificate from root Certificate

Posted Jun 15, 2020 05:55 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi Can some one Suggest me how to obtain root Certificate from certificate, Here in the my cert issued to and and issued by is different, tried in certification path, view certificate  option is disabled. i would like to know the issuer certificate.

Thanks in Advance,
    Surya.

• 2.  RE: Certificate from root Certificate

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2020 06:07 PM
    A certificate only carries the DN of the signing certificate, not the signing certificate itself. It is not uncommon for a PEM file to carry the full chain when a certificate is created, but the Gateway does not by default store the full chain. You will need to contact the owner of the signing certificate to obtain it.

------------------------------
    Jay MacDonald - Adoption Architect - Broadcom API Management (Layer 7)

• 3.  RE: Certificate from root Certificate
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2020 02:59 AM
    You can once try to convert your certificate .crt/.cer file into .pem file, then open it in notepad++ . If you see two blocks of keys, 2nd one should be your intermediate/root cert. Copy that 2nd cert and save it as .cer/crt file. You can use below openssl commands:

CRT to PEM command
    openssl x509 -in your-cert.crt -out output-cert.pem

Convert CER to PEM
    openssl x509 -in your-cert.cer -out output-cert.pem

If above steps do not help, contact your certificate issuer.

Technology Lead
    Infosys Limited

• 4.  RE: Certificate from root Certificate

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2020 11:52 AM
    If the view certificate button is not enabled then the root cert is not embedded in this cert. You need to get the root cert from your cert authority.