Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Data synchronization between nodes

Posted Nov 11, 2019 05:17 PM
    I would like to know if bundled the Lac Repository into the APIServer.war is for setting a cluster,or how i can have a synchronization of data in both nodes.
    There is no information in the documentation about the syncrhonization of data between nodes, if i have a local repository on each node.

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Data synchronization between nodes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 01:57 PM
    Hi Luis,

Are the nodes you have Jetty installations?

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Data synchronization between nodes

Posted Nov 12, 2019 02:04 PM
    Hi Jameela,

Boths nodes are deployed on apache tomcat server.

Regards.

• 4.  RE: Data synchronization between nodes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 02:13 PM
    Are looking for something more specific outside of this: 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/live-api-creator/5-2/configuring/configure-to-run-as-a-cluster.html

• 5.  RE: Data synchronization between nodes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:42 PM
    To summarize a bit from the doc Jameela referenced.

There are two ways the admin repository should be deployed in a cluster, 1) URL/Git repo or 2) Bundle the admin repository in the WAR file.
    If you are not using either of these methods each node runs in its own admin repository, they will not be in sync.

It is a best practice to set LAC_REPOSITORY_DISABLE to false in production so the API Server does not write to disk the changes that you make to the admin repository.
    Once changes are made you would create a new WAR file with the repository or push the update to the hosting URL.