Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Capabilities

Posted Oct 08, 2019 07:08 PM

Hi,
    What capabilities does the CA Gateway have?  Does it just route traffic?  Could it combine the results from two APIs into one response?  Could it check user authentication?  Could it do any simple validation (and if so what kind)?

• How to compose multiple services into one API
    • How to transform a response
    • How to control what is cached and how to clear caches
    Thanks,
    Sri

• 2.  RE: CA Capabilities
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2019 05:02 AM

Hello Sri,

To me it seems that what you are looking for is a Layer7 Gateway training.
    L7 Gateway's functionalities cover a very broad spectrum of the APIM solution and one cannot cover them all in a thread like this. Documentation can be found here-->

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/api-gateway/9-4/release-notes-9-4.html

To answer your question, 
    - Gateway can do what you instruct it to do (route traffic, apply logic, message transformation, validation, authentication, security, virtualization, caching, and so on)
    - You could combine results from two APIs into one response (that is making a policy with your own logic)
    - You could do user authentication --> documentation here
    - You could do simple (or complex) validation (depends on what you need) --> documentation here

I recommend you take Broadcom's L7 Gateway training.
    Alternatively, APIIDA (www.apiida.com) also offers comprehensive L7 APIM trainings.
    The topics covered are real world examples that will help you better understand a lot of things and concepts (it helped me a lot for sure).

Kind Regards,

------------------------------
    Services Consultant
    www.apiida.com
    ------------------------------