Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  manage_binlogs script Multiple nodes (more than 2)

Posted Jan 21, 2020 05:39 PM
    I am sure this has been answered before but I was able to find it easily.

I am setting up a new appliance gateway v9.4 and it will be a cluster of 4 nodes.  I have only ever setup 2 node clusters.  

Question:  how do I setup the manage_binglogs.sh script when there are more than 2 nodes?  The script asks for the secondary node.  Do I need to setup separate cron jobs using the -s <hostname> override for each additional node beyond node 2 or is there another way to accomplish the running of this script on each node in the gateway cluster?

example:
    nodeA
    nodeB
    nodeC
    nodeD

on nodeA:
    • run manage_binlogs.sh -s nodeB
    • run  manage_binlogs.sh -s nodeC
    • run manage_binlogs.sh -s nodeD

on nodeB / nodeC / nodeD:
    • run manage_binlogs.sh -s nodeA

The replication is between the primary (nodeA) and the subsequent nodes so I assume the subsequent nodes only care about it's replication back to the primary and not to each other.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Rick Reed
    Technical Advisor
    API Architect / FedEx Services

• 2.  RE: manage_binlogs script Multiple nodes (more than 2)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 05:50 PM
    The database is only deployed on 2 nodes, so it's no different to a two-node cluster. It is important to consider the traditional cluster as separate layers where there is a "database" layer consisting of two nodes in MASTER-MASTER replication and a "processing" layer of however any nodes pointing to a primary database node (one of the two database nodes) and configured with a failover database node (the other database node).

Jay MacDonald - Adoption Architect - Broadcom API Management (Layer 7)