Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Square brackets in path gives HTTP-status 400

Posted Apr 02, 2021 09:20 AM

We recently upgraded our API-gateways to version 10 (new servers) and since the upgrade a certain path gives a HTTP error 400. This happens when a square bracket [ appears in the path. In version 9.4 this gives no error and we can't find anything in the release notes there is nothing mentioning this. Is this a configuration we missed in the new server? How can we solve this?

Peter

• 2.  RE: Square brackets in path gives HTTP-status 400
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2021 12:30 PM
    Hi Peter,

This appears to be a known issue. Please see this KB article here: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=206890

The techdocs site will be updated with new information about this shortly. 

Thanks,

Vincent

• 3.  RE: Square brackets in path gives HTTP-status 400

Posted Apr 06, 2021 02:18 AM
    Hi Vincent,
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find it, but this is exactly like my case. The work around is the solution for me!
    Peter

• 4.  RE: Square brackets in path gives HTTP-status 400

Posted Jun 16, 2021 10:20 AM
    Hi Vincent, 

KB Article url is giving a 404 error. Can you please verify the KB article url? I was not able to find this issue in the known issue list for version 10.0. 

Thanks,
    Atul

• 5.  RE: Square brackets in path gives HTTP-status 400

Posted Jun 16, 2021 10:43 AM
    In short: on listen port "Advanced" add the following:
    relaxedQueryChars=[]

• 6.  RE: Square brackets in path gives HTTP-status 400

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 01:47 PM
    Thanks Peter.

Here's the more long-winded version of the brackets/special characters issue (see note at top):

Vincent Cheng
    Technical Writer | APIM
    Broadcom

office: 1-800-225-5224  ext. 59071
    13711 International Place  | Richmond, BC V6V 2Z8
    vincent.cheng@broadcom.com   | broadcom.com

This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and destroy any printed copy of it.