Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error

Posted Mar 11, 2020 06:46 AM
    Hey there,

Am getting the following error while registering the new client in the oauth manager...

{ "error":"invalid_request", "error_description":"Client(_id) value could not be persisted" }

can someone help me resolving this?

• 2.  RE: CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:17 AM
    Hi Pavansai,

I would check the connectivity to the database and that the ID is unique. This error generates as the result of a failure in the 'Perform JDBC query' assertion and I usually see that fail when the ID is in use.

Regards,
    Joe

• 3.  RE: CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error

Posted Mar 12, 2020 03:23 AM
    Edited by Pavansai C Mar 12, 2020 03:23 AM
    Hi Joe,

Sorry for confusion.. That error is from OAuth Manager Portal. any idea on a fix for this?

• 4.  RE: CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error

Posted Mar 12, 2020 03:25 AM
    Is your database active.. You need to set up a valid db connection to MySQL have the OTK tables. Its a JDBC issue

------------------------------
    Pre-Sales Consultant
    CA Southern Africa

• 5.  RE: CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error

Posted Mar 12, 2020 03:30 AM
    Edited by Pavansai C Mar 12, 2020 03:46 AM
    Yes Ronald,  db is active - We are able to connect to MySQL from Policy manager.
    Have put a debugger for the service /oauth/manager/clients it's failing somewhere in the register block.

• 6.  RE: CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 12, 2020 03:44 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jun 15, 2020 05:04 PM
    The other thing I can remember was a missing table or column... Was an upgrade done recently, if yes did you run the upgrade scripts? Also If you enable debugging it should assist you in catching the error.

Pre-Sales Consultant
    CA Southern Africa

• 7.  RE: CA API Gateway- OAuth Manager - Error

Posted Jun 22, 2020 10:40 AM
    Hi Ronald,

That issue got fixed by rebuilding the index for client_key. we need a root cause or a log determining the same.

Yes that was because of an Upgrade. How to check this particular this with regard to sql /ssgupgrade or sql/ssg upgrade schema. Please help us to figure out the same because we'll be doing this upgrade from 9.2 to 9.4 across PROD environment.

Sorry to bother. please help us out. 

Thanks in advance :)