Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Gateway developer plugin

Posted Aug 04, 2020 08:19 AM
    Edited by NBK Aug 17, 2020 03:36 AM
    Dear community members,

I am investigating if the Developer Plugin is a suitable replacement for the Gateway Migration Utility. 

The main focus is to replace GMU, not necessarily make usage of the complete ci/cd approach as we have our own in place.
    Therefore it is currently not an option to bake the environment variables into an image.

What we do with GMU and also would like to do with the Plugin is:
    • Download the policies and variables from a source gateway
    • Prepare an environment bundle for every of our stages
    • Import the policy and variables to appropriate target gateways (We actually create a dedicated docker image for every migration and run it as a kubernetes job)
    Download and import worked for me as our process pretty much resembles the documentation on the wiki pages.
    But I am struggling with the environment variables. As I understand my option would be using gradle configuration https://github.com/CAAPIM/gateway-developer-plugin/wiki/Applying-Environment#providing-environment-using-gradle-configuration
    as I want to migrate on a running instance and not create a new docker image.

What I don't understand is how to provide a dedicated environment file to the gradle tasks? The export task downloads a global-env.yaml containing all necessary environment variables of the source gateway. I simply would like to create one file for every stage and run the import task accordingly.
    The example shows only how to define key/value pairs inside environmentConfig. That is really uncomfortable  How can I pass the complete file? or even a complete folder?

Best regards
    Niklas