Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Full migration between corporate environments

Posted Oct 03, 2019 06:13 PM
    Hi Experts,

What is the best approach to create full gateway between DEV/TST/PRD Environments in container?

1. Install mobile API gateway (gateway + mag + otk) in each environment, create the apis in DEV environment and export those apis by GMU in order to import in TST/PRD environment?

or

2. Install API gateway in each environment, create the apis and install mag/otk only in DEV environment and export full by GMU in order to import full in TST/PRD environment?

or

3. Install mobile API gateway (gateway + mag + otk), create the apis and install mag/otk only in DEV environment. After that copy the databases (ssg, audit, mag, otk) to TST/PRD environment and just start the gateways in the copied databases.

** Independent of the strategy some customizations should be done by Policy Manager in each environment, like certificates, connection db and lincenses.

Best Regards,
    Porcel

• 2.  RE: Full migration between corporate environments
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2019 05:47 AM

Good Day,

Some time ago I went with the 3rd option and it served me well.

There is maybe a forth approach, depending on how many times you think you will need to create these gateways in the future (did that as well).

You could install a mobile API gateway and bake a docker image yourself for that gateway instance.
    Then you can spin up multiple containers and make some customization based on the environment.
    This approach is a bit more difficult to implement because it needs docker knowledge among other things but it saves you time in the long run.

The most efficient way though (in my opinion) would be to have a look in Apiida API Gateway Manager (AAGM) because it gives you features like:
    one click migration, variables for different environments for the migration, GIT version control, monitoring of services and gateways, all via a GUI.

Kind Regards,

------------------------------
    Services Consultant
    www.apiida.com
    ------------------------------