Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  CI / CD Pipeline with Layer7 API Gateway

Posted Aug 06, 2019 04:13 AM

Hi community, 

I just starting to evaluate the usage of a CI/CD pipeline for the 9.4 docker gateways.
    After reading the docops documentation, I would like asking for some experiences or best practices on how to setup this pipeline. 
    I would like to understand if there is a "standard" architecture like for the appliance gateways and how to set them up. 
    In addition, it would be interesting to understand how the monitoring can be done, if no Policy Manager can be connected?
    How should I approach an migration path, if I have existing VMs (Layer7 standard OVA image) and will go towards "standalone" VM version (not cubernetes) 
    I would appreciate any feedback and sharing of experiences. 
    regards
    Andreas 

• 2.  RE: CI / CD Pipeline with Layer7 API Gateway
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2019 05:13 AM
    Hi Andreas,

I suggest you to start from here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-4/en/other-gateway-form-factors/using-the-container-gateway/getting-started-with-the-container-gateway/container-gateway-in-a-ci-cd-pipeline

The content on this page describes a migration-less life cycle of API Gateway policies and services in the form of a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline. CA-Broadcom has developed open source tools such as the Gateway Developer Plugin to help support this workflow so that policy and service creators can continuously develop, push changes and automate the build, deployment and testing processes for their Gateway solutions across multiple environments at scale. 

I am currently involved in a project to setup a CI/CD pipeline.

Let me know if you want to discuss this with me.

regards, Roberto