Layer7 API Management

View Only

EncodeJWT assertion missing

• 1.  EncodeJWT assertion missing

Posted May 14, 2020 03:04 AM
    Hello there,

I am working to solve an issue reported by a customer who is still running API Gateway 8.2

They do not see "Encode JWT" assertion any more from the Policy Manager, however, they have the JsonWebTokenAssertion-<ver>.aar in their /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/runtime/modules/assertions/ directory, with right permissions as shown in the inserted image.
    JsonWebToken-<ver>.aar
    And, it is same in their non-Prod and Prod environments. However, in the Prod environment the policies that have this assertion, still works and able to encode JWT payload, and we could see that from Debugger. But, in non-prod the same policies, doesn't work. i.e., the debugger is getting hit, but it stops without executing any of the assertions in the policy. If we disable the "EncodeJWT" assertion from that policy, it starts to work.

I wanted them to check the Gateway Timestamps from all the nodes in the cluster, and it should be same across all nodes. Also, wanted them to check if they have this .aar file in all the nodes in the Cluster.

Do you think of any other points that we need to check?

Thanks
    Vaseem