Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Schedule Task - One Node. Doesn't run on Master node

Posted Jan 23, 2020 04:59 PM
    I am in the process of setting up a 4 node gateway cluster.

I setup the Primary node / Secondary node and have replication running between them.  I add a 3rd and 4th node to the cluster using the 3 - Configure the CA API Gateway option using the Primary node as the database primary.

i have a Scheduled Task that I have setup to only run on One Node which should be the Master node as stated in the documentation.  However, when it runs, I see in the Gateway Audit Logs that it is choosing Gateway4 (4th node) to run it on.

Have I setup something incorrectly when establishing the gateway cluster or am I misunderstanding how the Scheduled Task One node should be working?

API Gateway v9.4 - Appliance 

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Schedule Task - One Node. Doesn't run on Master node

Posted Jan 23, 2020 06:01 PM
    I removed nodes 3 and 4 from the cluster.  I then added them back one at a time with a Reboot of the added node.  Everything seems to be right with the world now.

• 3.  RE: Schedule Task - One Node. Doesn't run on Master node
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 06:23 PM
    Dear Rick,
    It's normal, the system will elect one of the available nodes in the cluster to run the scheduled task. It can be any node in the cluster.
    for example, it currently runs on Gateway1, when Gateway1 is shutdown, it will elect another available node to run the scheduled tasks. The scheduled tasks will continue running on this node until this node is shutdown.
    (I guess, it usually to be the Gateway1, just because when start the cluster, the Gateway1 is the first to startup)

Regards,
    Mark