Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Update Custom Cluster Variable via Policy assertion

Posted Jul 18, 2019 03:59 PM
    Hi,

I have this requirement wherein when a condition in the policy passes, I need to updated the value of custom created cluster variable "gateway.failover.SiteStatus". Is there any highly reliable and effective way to achieve this?

------------------------------
    API Platform Product Architect
    DFS
    Chicago, IL

• 2.  RE: Update Custom Cluster Variable via Policy assertion
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2019 07:55 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jul 22, 2019 07:32 PM
    - Create a user for example "l7migrate" on IIDP, create new private key and certificate, associate public certificate to user "l7migrate".
    - Modify "restman" API to allow user with this certificate.
    - Create an encap:

Set context:

<l7:ClusterProperty xmlns:l7='http://ns.l7tech.com/2010/04/gateway-management'>
    <l7:Name>${clusterProperty}</l7:Name>
    <l7:Value>${clusterValue}</l7:Value>
    </l7:ClusterProperty>"

• 3.  RE: Update Custom Cluster Variable via Policy assertion

Posted Jul 19, 2019 12:02 PM
    Thanks Phillipe, appreciate your detailed solution. One reason I am little skeptical using the restman as its an API. If in future product upgrades, the API behavior changes or becomes incompatible then there can be a potential outage of the policy. I am not sure what is the Layer7 teams approach of restman compatibility whenever they release newer version. I still consider it as a tool for gateway management and may be not convinced to use this API in the real run time environment.
    For Layer7 team, I was informed by the support team that there is a tactical assertion "SetClusterProperty". Can someone from Layer7 team shed some light on this.

API Platform Product Architect
    DFS
    Chicago, IL