Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

• 1.  Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 08, 2020 10:37 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I remember such a matrix called Release and Support Lifecyle Dates. It used to show all releases with their GA and EOS dates, and those dates were displayed as links which eventually led to the original announcements. At the beginning of the page, the matrix always had a link which led to a page called Product Release and Support Announcements, just in case you were interested in the announcements themselves in chronological order rather than the matrix layout.

Please is such a matrix still available?

See attachment, just to illustrate what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, it's outdated, not showing any release 10 information. Does anyone know an up-to-date matrix, please?

Thanks
    Dirk

------------------------------
    APIIDA AG
    Germany

• 2.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2020 11:28 AM
    Hi Dirk,

I believe this is what you are looking for: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/16774/end-of-service-dates-for-the-api-managem.html
    Please let me know.

Regards,
    Joe

• 3.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 08, 2020 12:00 PM
    Hi Joe. Yes and no. Indeed, it does show API Gateway Release 10, GA since March 2020. However, in my opinion it's not up-to-date for other components. Just for example, for MAG, it stops with release 4.1 from December 2017. And for Portal, isn't 4.5.1 the latest SaaS version, and 4.5.0.1 the latest OnPrem? In regards to layout, it looks like an internal draft rather than a customer-facing document, and I'm missing what was called the ServicePack/Genlevel information and the linked announcements. I'm afraid I cannot use this document for my customers. Nevertheless thanks for having responded so fast. I'd appreciate if you can investigate once again and maybe find an even better link? Thanks, Dirk

APIIDA AG
    Germany

• 4.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2020 04:17 PM
    Hi Dirk,

I've been poking around a bit and not finding an exact match for what you need. I think our best bet is to update the link I sent before with more recent details and look at what we can do to improve the formatting. As for genlevel/SP, the EOS date applies to all CR levels, but I can see what we can do about adding that as well.

• 5.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 09, 2020 05:44 AM
    Thanks @Joe Dascole, please see the link ​​Mark (Zhijun He) shared in his response. I think that's an excellent basis in regards to how the content is structured and its layout; it just needs to be updated, and API Portal to be added (and the linked list of release status announcements should get an update too).

APIIDA AG
    Germany

• 6.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 09, 2020 01:32 AM

An updated list is really appreciated.

I am looking for an up-to-date overview of all the components for some time now, to better prepare the initiatives and budgets for our Technology Roadmap.

Infra Domain Architect
    Achmea IT
    Netherlands

• 7.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 02:22 AM
    Hello Dirk,
    This should be the link you're looking for,
    https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-API-Gateway-Release-and-Support-Lifecycle-Dates/3023

Regards,
    Mark

• 8.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 09, 2020 03:29 AM
    Hi @Zhijun He,  this is exactly the format I'm looking for. That was the good news. The bad news are that it's from January, and accordingly all release 10 information are missing. Portal is missing entirely, and when you click on the link at the top of the page, it takes you to API Management announcements with a status of October 2018. Please do you know who at Broadcom could update such information?  Thanks, Dirk

APIIDA AG
    Germany

• 9.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2020 07:07 PM
    Dear Dirk,
    I believe this website is up-to-date.
    It's maintained/updated by product team.
    It doesn't include the gw10 info may just because it's to be determined.

Regards,
    Mark

• 10.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 16, 2020 09:40 AM
    Hi Mark,

are you referring to https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-API-Gateway-Release-and-Support-Lifecycle-Dates/3023? You may call it "the latest available", but how can you call it "up-to-date"? Sorry for being a pain. And thanks again for still responding to my discussion.

Release 10 is GA since two-and-a-half months ago, and is still missing on this matrix. And as I said, Portal is missing entirely, and when you click on the link at the top of its page, it takes you to API Management announcements with a status of October 2018. You said it's maintained by the product team. Do you have an option to ask them for an update, or could you share a name so I could ask them?

Regards, Dirk

APIIDA AG
    Germany

• 11.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates

Posted Jun 18, 2020 08:54 AM
    Just wanted to add that I raised a Support case now, case 32056856:

This matrix of Release and Support Lifecycle Dates is outdated, from January 2020. Accordingly, it does not have L7 API Gateway Release 10 information which became GA early April. It's not up-to-date for Mobile API Gateway either, and also API Portal information is missing entirely:
    https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-API-Gateway-Release-and-Support-Lifecycle-Dates/3023

And, at the top of that page, there's a link to Product Release and Support Announcements, which is outdated too, it's from October 2018:
    https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-API-Gateway-Product-Release-and-Support-Announcements/3021

Please could you share up-to-date links for both?

APIIDA AG
    Germany

• 12.  RE: Release and Support Lifecycles Dates
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2020 03:55 AM
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/16774/end-of-service-dates-for-the-api-managem.html , a.k.a. https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=16774, maintained by Support, has been changed yesterday so it now acts as kind of index to the several Release and Support Lifecycle Dates information by component (Gateway, MAG, Portal etc.). This is good news because it emphasizes Product Management's ownership for maintaining those Release and Support Lifecycle Dates.

APIIDA AG
    Germany