Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  V10.0 Database Replication Setup Errors

Posted Jun 30, 2020 06:18 PM
    I am standing up new Virtual Appliance gateways under Version 10.0.

I have networking all setup but I am having issues with the Database Replication scripts for the MySQL 8 DB.  I have a 2 node cluster that I am setting up.

Primary node:
    • I ran Create new Database using the 'localhost' value

Secondary Node:
    • I ran Configure database option pointing to primary node

Primary node / Secondary node:
    • ran the add_slave_user.sh on both.  No apparent issues.
    • ran the create_slave on primary.  No apparent issues.
    • running create_slave.sh on secondary.  getting errors. (see below)
    Warning: A partial dump from a server that has GTIDs will by default include the GTIDs of all transactions, even those that changed suppressed parts of the database. If you don't want to restore GTIDs, pass --set-gtid-purged=OFF. To make a complete dump, pass --all-databases --triggers --routines --events.
    ERROR 3546 (HY000) at line 24: @@GLOBAL.GTID_PURGED cannot be changed: the added gtid set must not overlap with @@GLOBAL.GTID_EXECUTED
    mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write

I have tried to change the script to pass the --set-gtid-purged=OFF which allows the SSG database and tables to be created but then I get the following error when slave starts up.

Error 'There is no such grant defined for user 'gateway' on host '%'' on query. Default database: 'mysql'. Query: 'revoke all privileges on ssg.* from gateway@'%''

Am I missing something new with version 10 / MySQL 8 that needs to be configured to get replication up and running?

• 2.  RE: V10.0 Database Replication Setup Errors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 08:46 AM
    Hello Rick,

Can you look at the below article and see if it helps address your issue?

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=188853

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: V10.0 Database Replication Setup Errors

Posted Jul 09, 2020 03:17 PM

Matthew,

I attempted what was in the article and whether I select Clone DB or not to Clone DB, I am getting the same error when the slave starts up.

Any thoughts?

Rick Reed | API Architect | FXF Architecture & Delivery | FedEx Services | Colorado Springs
    Tel: 719-484-2926 | Mobile: 719-246-3102