Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to fetch response through Policy Backed IDP

Posted May 26, 2020 10:58 AM
    Edited by ROHAN SINHA May 26, 2020 11:06 AM
    Hi All,

I am using policy backed Identity Provider to validate username and password from an external source. I will have to pass the username and password to the external application and if they are correct the application should return access tokens and other data.

I have created policy backed Identity Provider which connects to external REST API. This REST API returns one JSON Payload with some data like username, access token, refresh token, expiry time, etc. I have configured this IDP into 'OTK User Authentication Extension' / Request: Authenticate Against <My IDP Name> assertion. I am able to succesfully validate the user credentials through this IDP, however I don't know how to fetch these JSON attributes.mentioned above. According to me it seems that Policy Backed IDP doesnot allow to fetch these JSON values for further processing.

We have referred this documentation to implement this: 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/api-management-oauth-toolkit/4-1/installation-workflow/configure-authentication/support-optional-authentication-mechanisms.html

Please let us know how can I get these attributes into this 'OTK User Authentication Extension', for further access token and refresh token validations.

Regards,
    Rohan

------------------------------
    [Technology Architect]
    [Infosys Limited]
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Unable to fetch response through Policy Backed IDP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2020 10:00 AM
    You can try using "Evaluate JSON Path Expression V2 Assertion" to read the JSON response.