Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Data Migration from Portal 3.5 to Enhanced Portal 4.5

Posted Dec 02, 2020 10:56 AM
    Hello All,

We are able to do analyze & migrate, analyze gets complete but after that we don't get any file to be downloaded/nothing on new Portal 4.5. Basically we are getting blank page once the analyze & migrate is completed.

Have anyone faced this issue or is there any workaround for this?
    Where can we see the logs (any portal)?

Regards,
    Aniket

• 2.  RE: Data Migration from Portal 3.5 to Enhanced Portal 4.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2020 10:19 AM
    Hi Aniket:

There should always be a package downloadable when the migration completes as documented here and one should always run the "Analyze Only" prior to the real migration to make sure there are no errors so not sure if that completed alright for you.  The blank page you are referring to, is it on the Classic Portal or when you login to Portal 4.5, it is not clear to me.  The process will use Portal 4.5 Portal API's to migrate data so errors could be found in the portal logs using journalctl.   If you do not have any file downloadable on Classic portal 3.5 I would suspect the problem existed there so you should look at the Classic portal logs to see what the errors show.  I have seen a case where the Classic Portal application ran out of  memory loading the package content and that would probably show up in the Classic portal logging.  If you have a Support Case open on this let me know what it is and I will take a look. 

Regards, Alex.

------------------------------
    Global Capabilities Delivery Architect - APIM
    Broadcom Inc.
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Data Migration from Portal 3.5 to Enhanced Portal 4.5

Posted Dec 08, 2020 06:24 AM

Hello Alex,

We were able to migrate the data from Legacy portal to Enhanced Portal.

We installed the CR17 patch on the Legacy Portal, but the corresponding CR17 installation on Gateway was missed. After doing the installation on Gateway we were able to migrate the data.

Regards,
    Aniket