Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Re: API key sync issue with V5.0 API portal

Posted Dec 21, 2020 12:35 PM

Hello All,

We have enrolled API Gateway v10.0 CR2 with API portal 5.0 on-Prem portal. Currently if we publish service via API Gateway we can service is getting synced with API portal and I can service is in Unpublished state. 

After enabling the service on Portal, I'm able to generate API key for that particular that service but when I tried to perform API key authentication with valid apikey getting error as invalid API key and service is getting failed in Portal lookup API key assertion.

I believe API key, which is generated in API portal is not getting synced with API portal and I don't see the API key getting added in otk_db as well.

Could you please let us know how the Portal generated API key is pushed back to ssg database or otk_db? is there any known issue with V5.0 portal?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Re: API key sync issue with V5.0 API portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2020 02:00 AM

Hi Prem:

The gateway has scheduled tasks that sync the Portal Application Keys to the Gateway otk_db every minute by default.  It sounds to me like the applications are not getting synced for some reason if you are not seeing them in the gateway otk_db.  You can check the status of the proxy sync in the portal to make sure it is syncing applications alright and there are no issues.  I will try this on my environment and let you know if I run into any issues. I have not heard of any problems with this functionality in Portal 5.0. 

Regards, Alex. 

------------------------------
    Global Capabilities Delivery Architect - APIM
    Broadcom Inc.
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada

• 3.  RE: Re: API key sync issue with V5.0 API portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2021 03:05 PM
    Hi Prem:

Just following-up on this and making sure that you got the problem resolved.  I tested locally with Portal 5.0 and Gateway v10 CR2 and did not problems with Application Keys syncing to the Gateway runtime OTK DB. 

Thanks, Alex.

Global Capabilities Delivery Architect - APIM
    Broadcom Inc.
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada

• 4.  RE: Re: API key sync issue with V5.0 API portal

Posted Jan 14, 2021 03:37 PM
    Hi Alex,

Yes, I'm able to resolve that issue after.

Thanks for your information!