Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  efficient way of Reverse proxy Web Application [react/Angular]

Posted Sep 02, 2020 12:02 AM
    Hi All,

I am not sure it is appropriate to ask or not, but I came across this situation when I have to use Late7 Gateway as a proxy for lots of React/Angular web applications.
    I am much more worried about serving the static content of these web applications.
    for example, content like assets folder [/assests/*] or CSS folders [/css/*] or favicon [that icon we see on the browser's tab].

For we can manage single web app but when it comes to proxying multiple web applications it is hard to distinguish them.

I would like to know if someone can share their experience or best practice to deal with such conflicts, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Suraj Singh Tomar

• 2.  RE: efficient way of Reverse proxy Web Application [react/Angular]
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2020 07:10 AM

Though you can use layer7 to process these requests but in future you can run into file size issues, I will suggest if you have a loadbalancer in your organization that can support rules like F5 then add a rule on you loadbalancer to route static content calls directly to your apache server and only process the transactional API calls through layer7

Also with the new js framework you can see issue with managing client side redirects ex: www.example.com/#/test