Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Gateway upgrade procedure from 9.1 to 9.4

Posted Apr 30, 2019 02:39 AM

I wonder if I should upgrade Gateway or MySQL first.

I'm going to go ahead with mysql upgrade logically. Please check what should be done first.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Gateway upgrade procedure from 9.1 to 9.4

Posted Apr 30, 2019 02:47 AM

Hi Hacoo,

Good question.

I guess it would matter only if your Gateway is a software appliance or an AMI image based.

As for the Virtual Appliance - the normal upgrade/update files are doing it for you.

As for Software/AMI image - as you better disabling the Gateway node during the upgrade process you would be able to upgrade both as the same time using separate windows.

Please update us with what is your Gateway Appliance type so we can best advise on such.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Amit.

• 3.  Re: Gateway upgrade procedure from 9.1 to 9.4

Posted May 02, 2019 12:24 AM

Thank you for your reply.

What I am using is the software version. But I have a question about your answer. Gateway upgrade is only possible with MySQL connected, but is it possible to perform the upgrade at the same time?

• 4.  Re: Gateway upgrade procedure from 9.1 to 9.4

Posted May 02, 2019 12:33 AM

Hi Hacoo,

I guess when it comes to the upgrade for the gateway you will face two steps:

- Upgrading the Gateway.

- Upgrading the Gateway DB version (nothing to do with the MySQL DB version upgrade).

So you can update the Gateway software and the MySQL DB version at the same time - as the Gateway process will be stopped and not connecting to the DB at this time.

But when it comes to the Gateway DB version upgrade - then the MySQL should be up and the Gateway ready to connect to it.

Hope this make sense.

If you like - contact the support  team and we can have a quick phone cal and explain in more details if needed.

Regards,

Amit.