Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA API Authentication with OIM

Posted Oct 01, 2018 12:35 PM

Hi All,

I don't have good idea on OIM and OAM. I know that CA API Gateway provides assertion for OAM. We have requirement were CA API Gateway need to use OIM(Oracle Identity Management for authentication) for authentication.Can OIM be used as identity provider for CA API gateway or Can we integrate CA API Gateway with OIM for authentication.

Any info regarding above will be useful.

• 2.  Re: CA API Authentication with OIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 02:29 PM

OIM is an Identity Management tool to provide User Management, Self-Service, Password Management, Delegated Administration, Provisioning/De-provisioning...etc and does not have Access Management capability whereas OAM has got Authentication/SSO/SAML capabilities.

I believe your requirement is to integrate CA API gateway with OAM for Authentication/SSO.  CA APIM can be integrated with OAM and it is supported as per below article.

Requirements and Compatibility - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Identity ProviderSupported Versions
    Oracle Access Manager (OAM)10g, 11g

• 3.  Re: CA API Authentication with OIM
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2018 04:44 PM

The API Gateway does not specifically support OIM at this time, but there is indeed OAM support. I'm not very familiar with OIM as it's a third-party product, but if it supports LDAP in full (and to spec), then we should be able to work with it as we are LDAP compliant. 

• 4.  Re: CA API Authentication with OIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 08:20 AM

Hi,

Did the answers on this thread answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards
    Dirk