Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  I keep getting 'Destination Host Unreachable' error during my Dynamic Lab bundle course.

Posted Dec 20, 2018 11:53 AM
      |   view attached

I have configured my gateways 1 and 2 and now that I am trying to ping Gateway 2 from Gateway 1 I am getting 'Destination Host Unreachable'. Same is the case when I try to ping Gateway 1 from Gateway 2. 

• 2.  Re: I keep getting 'Destination Host Unreachable' error during my Dynamic Lab bundle course.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2018 01:25 PM

Hi , 

Did you check the network configuration for both gateway hosts ?

are they using the same network mask  and default gateway ? 

Regards 

Dirk 

• 3.  Re: I keep getting 'Destination Host Unreachable' error during my Dynamic Lab bundle course.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi

Did the answers on this thread answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards
    Dirk

• 4.  Re: I keep getting 'Destination Host Unreachable' error during my Dynamic Lab bundle course.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2019 04:11 PM

If DNS is not resolving this properly add it in the /etc/hosts file to make sure it does resolve.  The courses assume certain host naming conventions and if different then you will have to add it to the local hosts file.  Let us know how it goes because if it is an issue with the course setup we will fix it.

Regards, Alex.