Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted Dec 03, 2018 07:00 AM

Is there a limit to how much I can enhance the gateway's message processing capacity? Like say for example, if the gateway is designed to handle binary files (base64 encoded) in a SOAP message. Is there a way to increase the gateway's capacity to handle and forward 100+ MB messages to a backend server? How much can I safely increase the io.xmlPartMaxBytes cluster property and the Java Heap size of the gateway itself?

• 2.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 10:14 AM

Hi ,

There is no one answer on this question as it depends on a lot off factors

like memory ,cpu , network .  and think like Load balancer and network setup.

type of communication

There is a general section in the documentation about optimizing the gateway :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-4/en/reference/troubleshoot-the-gateway/optimize-gateway-for-large-file-uploads

Regards Dirk

• 3.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 03:14 PM

Good afternoon,

Did Dirk's response help you to move forward? Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support

• 4.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 24, 2018 09:37 AM

Hi 
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk

• 5.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted Nov 08, 2019 08:21 AM
    How do we handle the same for software version, if we need to allow upload of 100Mb file. Please let me know the details

• 6.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2019 07:18 PM
    Dear Sampath,
    The cluster wide properties are the same for software gateway or virtual appliance gateway.
    You can allow bigger payload(file) by increase the cwp io.xmlPartMaxBytes.

Regards,
    Mark

• 7.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted Nov 11, 2019 06:27 AM
    Hi Mark,

I thought we need to change the something more in java heap memory side, as i remember that in one of the documentation it was suggested for Virtual Appliance.

Regards,
    Sampath

• 8.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2019 05:56 PM
    Dear Sampath,
    You can set "node.java.heap" in the /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/etc/conf/node.properties file,
    for example,
    node.java.heap=4096

will set the heap size to 4096m, ie. -Xmx4096m

Regards,
    Mark

• 9.  RE: Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted Nov 12, 2019 07:16 AM
    Hi Mark,

Thank you very much

Regards,
    Sampath