Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Live API Creator Cluster Configuration

Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:13 AM

Hi,

Has anybody installed Live API Creator in a cluster of 2 or more nodes at a client's infrastructure or a lab environment? The Docops only mentions that it is possible but doesn't provide any steps or at least architecture on how to proceed. The only thing I found was this old question: LAC (Live API Creator) cluster options. 

It does provide the theory but if anyone can provide good documentation or steps that would be very helpful

Product version is 4.1

• 2.  Re: Live API Creator Cluster Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 09:37 AM

The Docs for LAC 5.0 are a bit more fleshed out and should provide additional insights on how this is set up.  

Configure Live API Creator to Run as a Cluster - CA Live API Creator - 5.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Live API Creator Cluster Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2018 01:57 AM

Hi,

I have configured two LAC(4.1) nodes in two different servers on APACHE TOMCAT and pointed both the LAC nodes to the Single external Admin DB.

Changes will be done server.xml file and jdbc URL of the DB will remain same for both the LAC nodes as we connecting to the same DB.

It works Fine.

I just want to confirm from experts if this is the correct approach to do with the LACs in Clusters.

Thanks,

Irfan